A few months back, we discussed Break: The Rematch here on the blog, which you can read HERE. It was shaping up to be an amazing game by the talented team Push!. At the time, they were looking to fund their new visual nove on Kickstarter. Sadly, they did not hit the mark, earning just $21,383 against a goal of $32,000. However, there's some good news to this. Push! went to work and redoubled their efforts. They took another swing at Kickstarter, and actually surpassed their goal! You can see for yourself HERE. The crowdfunding is still going on, so don't hesitate to check out the demo and kick in a few bucks to hit the stretch goals.
Push! sent us a press email detailing all the work they've done on Break: The Rematch Part 1.
- The 1st part will feature characters such as Rina Akiyama, Aina Aozaki, Ritsuko Yasuhiro and Touko Takatsukasa.
- The game will have more than 14 H-CG featuring the mentioned girls.
- Each character will have their own ending
- Original soundtracks.
- Game will be around 6-10 hours long!
- Engaging character sprites, each with several poses and variations.
- Various locations around the school.
- Options and Choices!
- Map System.
They clearly went all out this time, and it's definitely paying off. I played the demo, and despite not particularly enjoying darker themes, as I enjoy romance and happy endings, I enjoyed my time. The art and music are top notch. Below are some promotional art and screen shots of the game provided by Push! that should give you an idea of what players can look forward to.